How to Frame your Cross-Stitch Piece using MP Studia’s Plywood Frames: A Step-by-Step Guide
Framing your cross-stitch work can give a completely new look and vibe to the final result. Try one of MP Studia’s wooden frames and make your cross-stitch masterpiece even more unique and eye-catching!
Here are our detailed instructions to guide you through the framing process. It’s easier than you think!
- Choose a finished piece you would like to frame. It is important that the canvas is of the same size as the frame or bigger.
- Place part C on the cross-stitch piece so that the image fits into the frame’s window. Outline part C with a pencil.
- Cut the edges of your cross-stitch piece along the pencil lines.
- Place part A on an even surface and put parts B and C in its centre. Make sure that all the frame parts fit together and the stitching holes are facing each other.
- Put part C aside. Place your cross-stitch piece on top of parts A and B and make sure that its edges don’t go beyond part A.
- Then, place part C on your cross-stitch piece applying some pressure so that part B is located inside part C’s window.
- Make sure that the holes of parts A and B are facing each other – this is important for stitching the parts together smoothly and nicely.
- Secure the frame’s parts with clips by placing one on each side. To avoid frame damage, place pieces of soft cloth between the clips and the frame.
- Stitch parts A and C together through the holes. It’s up to you to choose thread color and thickness, as well as the stitch type, depending on the result you are planning to achieve. You can secure the thread at the back side of part A in one of the holes.
- Enjoy the result of your creative effort!